Futures set to support refugees across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
As we continue our commitment to empower people and communities to achieve more, we’re proud to announce that we will be working alongside Twin Group to deliver the Refugee Employability Programme.
We will be delivering the new scheme across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, with the aim of supporting over 1300 refugees who are dealing with complex issues that create barriers to them finding work.
I’m really excited to be able to offer this support and make a real difference to a group of people who have faced so much adversity. Improving access to employment, training and education has a huge impact on people and communities and I’m proud that Futures will be at heart of this. Adam Watts, Contract Manager at Futures
Participants will receive mainstream support that is available to anyone looking to move into employment but will also benefit from additional support to help them tackle the specific barriers to employment they are facing.
This additional support can cover, but is not limited to:
- Basic Skills need (below NVQ Level 1 or equivalent) and/or low or no qualifications;
- Limited or no work experience;
- Language barriers (English is not their first language);
- Physical disabilities or health conditions, including mental health barriers;
- Lack of confidence or motivation;
- Low understanding of UK culture or labour market;
- Difficulty adjusting to a new country;
- Other external barriers, usually linked to arriving in a new country; and
- Low digital skills
Translation services will also be provided to ensure that the advice and guidance given is accessible to those who need to access the service.
The Refugee Employability Programme plays a vital role in offering essential assistance and promoting the well-being of individuals seeking to reconstruct their lives. We are dedicated to collaborating with Futures to implement the programme across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands, enabling more individuals to attain employment readiness and prosper within their local communities. Parul Ahmed, Regional Head of Operations at Twin Group