Safeguarding Policy Statement
Futures has a responsibility to ensure the safety of children, young people and adults at risk and is committed to ensuring that our people have the knowledge and resources necessary to confidently handle and report allegations or suspicions of abuse or neglect. Abuse or neglect may include:
- Physical abuse
- Domestic violence
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional/Psychological abuse
- Financial or material abuse
- Neglect and acts of omission
- Modern slavery
- Organisational abuse
- Encouraging and grooming for radicalisation or terrorism
Further to this, Futures also holds an important role within the Prevent framework, designed to identify and minimise the risk of radicalisation among people at risk.
The policy is designed to flesh out the two key rules which all staff (both paid professionals and volunteers) must follow:
- The safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk is the responsibility of all staff.
- If abuse or neglect is reported or suspected, doing nothing is not an option. It is the duty of all staff to take action when such issues are identified.
The Safeguarding Policy is in place to protect:
- All children under 18
- Unborn children who may be at risk of harm at birth
- Adults at risk who fall within the Futures remit
- Any young person or adult who has shown vulnerability to radicalisation
To enable the company and staff to uphold these responsibilities, training and resources are provided and support given to ensure that all individuals feel able to act accordingly, should they suspect or be told about, instances of abuse or neglect.
Key staff members have designated roles within safeguarding practice, including Designated Safeguarding Officers for each demographic, who should be notified immediately of any concerns or allegations.
If you are in immediate danger, contact the police on 101 or the terrorist hotline on 0800 789321.
Harrassment and Bullying Policy
does not tolerate any form of harassment or bullying. Our Harassment
and Bullying Policy is in place to ensure that employees, learners and
customers understand what types of behaviour are unacceptable and to
provide the victims of incidents of harassment and bullying with a means
of redress. Any case of harassment and bullying will be dealt with
promptly and thoroughly.