What is Radicalisation?
Radicalisation refers to the process by which a person comes to support terrorism and forms of extremism leading to terrorism.
What is a hate crime/incident?
A hate crime is any incident, which may or may not constitute a criminal offence, which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by prejudice or hatred, based on anyone (or more) of the protected characteristics outlined below:
- Sexual Orientation
All police forces record hate incidents based on these five personal characteristics.
Why should I report hate crime?
You should report a hate crime to:
- Send a message that hate crime will not be tolerated
- Stop it from getting worse or happening again
- Stop it from happening to other people
- Help the Police and Council to put prevention measures in place
- Help victims to access appropriate support
- Express solidarity with the victim and take a stand against prejudice