- Salary: £26,500 to £28,300
- Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
- Closing Date: 27 October 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Location: Nottingham City Centre
Due to rapid and continual growth at Futures, we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Skills Trainer to deliver a range of training programs and courses as part of the DWP funded Restart Scheme. The courses will be driven by demand but will include a range of Employability led courses designed to support participants in giving them the skills needed to enter into sustainable employment.
The Skills Trainer is an essential part in our drive to support our customers who have been long-term unemployed.
Based primarily at one of our teaching and learning centres within Nottinghamshire, there will also be some requirement to work across the East Midlands region. This is a fast-paced environment, and you will be expected to be flexible enough to move between areas at short notice to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment across our selection of courses with the objective of preparing learners for sustainable employment.
As a skilled practitioner and qualified teacher, you will also need to demonstrate commitment to achieving team targets and have knowledge of delivering Adult Skills training, working with funding and awarding bodies, while also being highly organized, efficient with the desire and aspiration for delivering outstanding teaching and learning.
The Skills Trainer will also have the task of ensuring learners are engaged, inspired and challenged within their learning, working alongside both the Contracts Managers and Employment Advisors to ensure there is an array of courses available which meet the local needs of the area. Working towards strict targets and guidelines in accordance with programme obligations and the Restart process will also be a requirement, as directed by the prime contractor.
Requirements for role
- Teaching Qualification - PGCE, Cert ED, DTTLS or Equivalent (D); minimum of Level 3 teaching qualification
- Experience of planning, designing and implementing new training programmes based on customer needs
- Previous experience of delivering Adult Skills training with a focus on employability programmes.
- Ability to relate effectively with a wide variety of colleagues and customers, individually and in groups.
- Full driving license/vehicle owner and willingness to travel across the East Midlands Region and beyond.
What we have to offer
- Pension Plus Plan Automatic enrolment into the People’s Pension scheme; contributions of 5% employer & 3% employee
- Holidays Year 1 = 25 days Annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays / Year 5 = 30 days after 5 years, / Year 10 = 33 days
- Westfield Health insurance Covers optical and dental appointments plus 24/7 counselling and advice
- Westfield Rewards Access to special offers on goods and services from 450 leading online and high street retailers
- Holiday Plus Opportunity to buy additional leave after a year’s service
- No Claims Bonus/Excess Insurance Protection Scheme Provides a measure of compensation for Loss of Bonus or payment of Excess
- Flexible Working Offering a better life/work balance
- Travel Schemes Schemes with Nottingham City Transport and Tram network to provide discounted rates for regular bus and tram travel
As a Disability Confident employer, we undertake to interview disabled people who meet the minimum essential criteria as detailed on the person specification. If you have a disability, please make this known in your application.
Visit our rest of our website to learn more about the amazing work we do to change peoples’ lives through our range of services.
Job Reference: FUT87
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement which matches your skills to our Person Specification which you can find on our Job Description to email@example.com
Your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting so please ensure to attach this to your application!
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 35.3 KB)Download