Data Analyst/ BI Developer (Fixed-term Contract until Mar 2022)
- Salary: Grade 3.5-3b within a salary scale of £29,302-£31,059 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Closing Date: 3 December 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Interview Date: 11 December 2020
- Location: Pearl House, Nottingham with remote working opportunities
What are we looking for?
Futures are recruiting for a Data Analyst/ BI Developer on a fixed-term contract until 31 March 2022 to become a part of our MI Team. You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of databases and the provision of management information and business intelligence. You will be working with other developers optimising SQL database applications as necessary and establishing best practice. Your mission will be to transform data into actionable insights and clear & concise dashboards to help the business make key business decisions.
You will play a critical role in enabling, defining and delivering management information and systems development across the Futures Group. By building strong relationships across the business, you will elevate new and improved insight that will inform key business decisions. It is essential for the candidate to have a ‘can-do’, proactive and flexible style of working.
Who Are We?
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives. At Futures we lead by example. People are at the heart of everything we do and we're determined to help the people we work with be the best they can be. We put people first when it comes to our workforce; a happy and motivated team is vital to us and most of our people have been with us for many years - so we like to think we're pretty good at taking care of them. It’s good for you, it's great for us and even better for the people we support.
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We’re leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There’s more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. We’re also showing employers a different way of being and doing. We know that success lies in a happy, motivated and skilled workforce, and so we’re on a mission to transform teams and turnover.
What can we offer?
At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Having these values means we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference.
Having a happy and motivated workforce is critical to our ongoing success. We genuinely care about our colleagues and offer a range of benefits and opportunities to support you in your role and grow in confidence. We will: help you develop in your role, support your career growth, promote positive health and well-being at work, and encourage a good work/life balance.
Job Specification Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Help write and optimise SQL database applications
- To commit to and demonstrate behaviours based on the Company
- Programming views, stored procedures and functions
- Report production using SSRS & PowerBI
- Writing queries used for front-end applications (websites, desk top applications or cloud apps)
- Development and deployment of bespoke databases as identified and agreed. a. Ensure performance, security and availability of databases. b. Handle common database procedures such as upgrades, backups, recovery, migration etc
- Assist with the support of other Company SQL databases as required.
- Maintain and develop Labour Market Information working with stakeholders across the business
- Maintain and develop the Company’s client databases, in close liaison with system software supplier and operational staff
- Develop BI Capabilities of the team by reviewing, recommending and assisting in deployment of appropriate software.
- Assist with the delivery of required management information to customers and partners to agreed timescales.
- ETL to RDS in AWS and Azure
- Prepare documentation and specifications
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience using Power BI or other reporting suites such as Tableau, Qlik, SAP BI. Google Data Studio
- High level of SQL writing skills
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data, ETL procedures
- High level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills
- Azure cloud services experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with key stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisation skills, able to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Futures is supportive of job share working arrangements wherever possible. If this is something you are interested in we would encourage you to discuss this during the selection process.
As a Disability Confident employer we undertake to interview disabled people who meet the minimum essential criteria as detailed on the person specification. If you have a disability please make this known in your application.
Safeguarding: Disclosure of Criminal Background
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Disclosure will apply to all posts that fall under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) definition ‘Regulated Activity’. The successful candidate will be required to submit an application to the DBS for Disclosure for Criminal Conviction(s). If the company finds anything in that record which might be considered prejudicial to his/her working within the regulated activity then the appointment may not be confirmed.
Your personal data will be used to process your employment application, successful candidates’ data will be held under the company’s General Data Protection Policy details of which will be made available upon the offer of employment. Unsuccessful candidate’s data will be held for a period of 12 months upon which it will be destroyed. Candidates can request that this be destroyed earlier by contacting email@example.com.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Job reference: FUT55
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement (up to 1000 words) which matches your skills to our Person Specification which you can find on our Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting so please ensure to attach this to your application!
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 34 KB)Download