- Salary: Grade: 4 with a salary scale of £31,059 - £36,522 (pro-rata for part time)
- Hours: 22.2 hours/ 3 days per week
- Closing Date: 10 May 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Location: Nottingham
What are we looking for?
Futures are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to plan and execute internal audits across all of our contract provision and internal processes and controls. This is a new role within the business and you will be given a high level of autonomy to deliver our internal audit objectives and plan.
Working across the group, you will be delivering risk based audits to ensure the most effective controls are implemented, processes are followed and risks are effectively managed. You will have a proactive approach and have the ability to talk to all levels across the business.
Who Are We?
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives. At Futures we lead by example. People are at the heart of everything we do and we're determined to help the people we work with be the best they can be. We put people first when it comes to our workforce; a happy and motivated team is vital to us and most of our people have been with us for many years - so we like to think we're pretty good at taking care of them. It’s good for you, it's great for us and even better for the people we support.
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We’re leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There’s more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. We’re also showing employers a different way of being and doing. We know that success lies in a happy, motivated and skilled workforce, and so we’re on a mission to transform teams and turnover.
What can we offer?
At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Having these values means we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference.
Job Specification Requirements
Key duties of the Internal Auditor will include:
- Developing the audit objectives and testing plans, leading and ensuring best practice is consistently applied for audit reviews, with significant autonomy over working arrangements.
- Undertaking and reporting on a wide range of audits on process and contractual compliance.
- Testing the effectiveness of financial, commercial and operational controls, evaluating compliance with related policies and procedures
- Providing value adding and insightful recommendations that address control and process opportunities and issues, leading to improvement in the overall control environment.
- Highlighting and sharing areas of good or best practice identified during audits.
- Tracking progress and holding businesses to account in delivering control improvement actions.
- Through the maintenance of professional relationships and negotiation with management personnel, securing appropriate responses to audit challenges and recommendations from partners/clients and escalating contentious issues.
Job Reference: FUT07
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement which matches your skills to our Person Specification which you can find on our Job Description to email@example.com
Your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting so please ensure to attach this to your application!
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 35.7 KB)Download