Employment Coach - Talent Bank (Fixed Term Contract to March 2022)
- Salary: Grade: 3 with a salary scale of £21,287 - £29,302 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
- Hours: 37 hours per week (Full & Part time positions available)
- Closing Date: 6 December 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Location: Essex, Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, & Northamptonshire
What are we looking for?
We are delighted to have won a new contract called “Jets” which will mean we can further support more customers returning to the world of work. We anticipate the contract growing and more job opportunities becoming available, so we are interested to receive applications from people to help us create a talent bank ready for further recruitment. Positions will be available full time and part time.
The Employment Coach is an essential part in our drive to support our customers who have recently become unemployed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Employment Coach will build and maintain effective rapport to support customers to find sustainable employment through remote digital platforms and elements of face to face support.
This objective of this programme is to provide immediate and fast paced support to promptly identify the type of assistance required to enable our customers to re-join the labour market in a role aligned to their transferable skill set and previous experience.
The Employment coach is adept at working in a fast paced, evolving and targeted environment, working effectively with multiple internal and stakeholders to coordinate the support required. They will use their exceptional planning and organisational skills to ensure that all customers are given appropriate assistance in building activity levels to enhance opportunities to employment.
The successful candidate will have a passion for making a difference to people’s lives and promoting social mobility; supporting customers to remove barriers to employment and training, to access opportunities to progress in the world of work. It’s essential for the candidate to have a ‘can-do’, proactive and flexible style of working.
Through seeking out local labour market information, this role will provide customers with local awareness of opportunities and trends. Flexibility, creativity and the desire to succeed in a target driven environment are key to success in this role.
Who Are We?
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives. At Futures we lead by example. People are at the heart of everything we do and we're determined to help the people we work with be the best they can be. We put people first when it comes to our workforce; a happy and motivated team is vital to us and most of our people have been with us for many years - so we like to think we're pretty good at taking care of them. It’s good for you, it's great for us and even better for the people we support.
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We’re leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There’s more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. We’re also showing employers a different way of being and doing. We know that success lies in a happy, motivated and skilled workforce, and so we’re on a mission to transform teams and turnover.
What can we offer?
At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Having these values means we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference.
Having a happy and motivated workforce is critical to our ongoing success. We genuinely care about our colleagues and offer a range of benefits and opportunities to support you in your role and grow in confidence. We will: help you develop in your role, support your career growth, promote positive health and well-being at work, and encourage a good work/life balance
Job Specification Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- IAG or PTLLS (or equivalent) Qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Previous experience delivering presentations & workshops.
- Strong IT Skills – Strong in use of databases, word processing, email, internet and modern mobile devices.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and understand its importance in both customer relationships and teamwork
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Ability to deliver services remotely using digital platforms and confident using Microsoft Teams to deliver high quality customer appointments
- An adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others
- Ability to build rapport quickly and adapt to customer needs and communication to inspire, motivate and challenge customers.
- Knowledge of the labour market, wider provision and stakeholders local to the area in which you are applying
- High level digital literacy skills, and data accuracy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication technologies
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage a busy schedule/workload under pressure
- Able to effectively network to build and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
- Committed to ensuring that all practice and engagement with others is free from discrimination and adheres to equal opportunities legislation and company policy
- Car owner and driver (suitable adjustments available for recruits with mobility disabilities – if required)
Futures is supportive of job share working arrangements wherever possible. If this is something you are interested in we would encourage you to discuss this during the selection process.
As a Disability Confident employer, we undertake to interview disabled people who meet the minimum essential criteria as detailed on the person specification. If you have a disability please make this known in your application.
Safeguarding: Disclosure of Criminal Background
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Disclosure will apply to all posts that fall under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) definition ‘Regulated Activity’. The successful candidate will be required to submit an application to the DBS for Disclosure for Criminal Conviction(s). If the company finds anything in that record which might be considered prejudicial to his/her working within the regulated activity then the appointment may not be confirmed.
Your personal data will be used to process your employment application, successful candidates’ data will be held under the company’s General Data Protection Policy details of which will be made available upon the offer of employment. Unsuccessful candidate’s data will be held for a period of 12 months upon which it will be destroyed. Candidates can request that this be destroyed earlier by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: FUT44
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement specifying your preferred work location to email@example.com.
The supporting statement should match your skills to the Person Specification found on the attached Job Description.
CVs without supporting statement will not be accepted.
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 42.3 KB)Download