Contract (Team) Manager
- Salary: Grade 7 with a starting salary of £36,000
- Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
- Closing Date: 31 October 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Interview Date: 8 November 2021
- Location: Mansfield Town base, covering Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic, influential and passionate leader to join our experienced management team in Mansfield, which sits within our wider East Midlands management structure. You will lead a team of careers advisers working on the National Careers Service across both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire which is linked to reducing unemployment and upskilling adults with the qualifications, confidence and skills needed to successfully progress into sustainable employment.
You will be organised but adaptable in your approach and will seek and generate new ideas to ensure delivery of the best possible customer journey and to maximise opportunities for success. You will need to be committed; solution focused and be able to be seen as a positive role model. Many of the customers we support present with a variety of barriers to education, employment and training so you will need to be skilled in supporting advisers to identify how to overcome these barriers. You will be a key link for stakeholders and partner agencies and need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills that will help you develop and maintain positive, trusting relationships with a view to grow and sustain the National Careers Service contract.
You will be educated to degree level in a relevant field or be able to evidence an appropriate level of successful experience. It would be desirable for you to have a Level 3 Management and/ or Leadership Qualification and a background in Information Advice and Guidance.
If you are passionate to make a difference to peoples’ futures and have an ethos to do the right thing for the people you work with, yourself and the company then we look forward to hearing from you. We believe in unlimited possibilities and hope that you will consider the next step of your career pathway to be a future with Futures.
Who Are We?
At Futures, we support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We are leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There is more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives.
What can we offer?
- Pension Plus Plan: Automatic enrolment into the People’s Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution and 3% employee contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days Annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays during first year of service increasing to 30 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10.
- Westfield Health insurance covering optical and dental appointments and 24/7 counselling and advice.
- Westfield Rewards: Access to special offers on goods and services from 450 leading online and high street retailers
- Holiday Plus: Opportunity to buy additional leave after a year’s service.
- Protection of Loss of No Claims Bonus/Excess Insurance Scheme: Designed to provide a measure of compensation for Loss of Bonus or payment of Excess,
- Flexible Working
- Travel Schemes: Schemes with Nottingham City Transport and Tram network to provide discounted rates for regular bus and tram travel
Job Specification Requirements
- Ability to motivate teams/individuals to progress customers into jobs and learning outcomes.
- Experience of using MI Reports to monitor work carried out by teams/individuals
- Ability to negotiate effectively with Partner Agencies to maximise service delivery.
- Ability to persuade, influence and sell ideas to colleagues and partner agencies.
- Solution focussed – evidence of problem solving to improve performance management.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams/colleagues to perform at the optimal level.
Futures is supportive of job share working arrangements wherever possible. If this were something you are interested in, we would encourage you to discuss this during the selection process.
As a Disability Confident employer, we undertake to interview disabled people who meet the minimum essential criteria as detailed on the person specification. If you have a disability please make this known in your application.
Job Reference: FUT88
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement which matches your skills to our Person Specification which you can find on our Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting so please ensure to attach this to your application!
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 38.5 KB)Download