Careers Coach - (NEET Reduction) x 2 positions
- Salary: Starting at £20,870 with opportunity to progress to £28,727
- Hours: Full time and Part time avaiable - 1 x 37 hours per week and 1 x 30 hours per week
- Closing Date: 2 June 2019 at 05:00 PM
- Interview Date: 11 June 2019
- Location: Nottingham
What are we looking for?
Futures understands there is more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers management that turns ambition into a successful, fulfilling life.
See yourself providing outstanding support to young people with a variety of barriers to education, employment and training?
We need passionate a Careers Coach for young people aged 15 - 18 who are at risk of not engaging in education, employment and training (EET). The successful applicants will have the passion, determination and experience, to engage with this client group, raising their aspirations and self-confidence. You will be supporting young people to remove barriers enabling them to secure a positive outcome. Joining a team in Nottingham and delivering across a variety of community locations including schools, developing partnerships and brokering access to a range of support services and EET opportunities. You will be passionate and join us in our belief that we are here to enable young people to access unlimited possibilities.
Job Specification Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified to at least level 4 standard
- Be willing and able to undertake additional learning to achieve Level 6 Advice and Guidance qualification.
- Have proven experience of effectively working with and engaging young people (aged 15-18)
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers and issues affecting unemployed young people.
- Able to form effective relationships with colleagues and partners to the benefit of young people.
- Flexibility and willingness to vary delivery method, location and working hours to meet client need
- Be able to plan, control and monitor own work and time, to set targets and standards whilst working under pressure.
- Able to keep accurate records to ensure monitoring and tracking progress of young people, embracing and optimising the use of ICT within the role.
Job Reference: FUT36
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.