Careers Adviser - Lincolnshire & Rutland
- Salary: Grade: 3 with a salary scale of £21,287 - £29,302 (pro rata part time)
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Closing Date: 7 December 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Interview Date: 18 December 2020
- Location: Lincolnshire, mainly South Lincolnshire and Rutland areas
What are we looking for?
Futures are recruiting for a careers and employment adviser to work as part of the Lincolnshire and Rutland team, mainly in the south of the region to provide Careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) to our customers in a variety of organisations and locations throughout the County.
What will the role do?
They will provide employability support and careers IAG, to meet customer’s needs, and support people into a job or learning.
What are the finer points about the role?
The successful candidate will seek out local LMI, so customers gain from this local awareness of opportunities and trends. They will promote the service with local partners and organisations, to build the referrals coming through our service. It’s essential for the candidate to have a ‘can-do’, proactive and flexible style of working.
Who Are We?
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives. At Futures we lead by example. People are at the heart of everything we do and we're determined to help the people we work with be the best they can be. We put people first when it comes to our workforce; a happy and motivated team is vital to us and most of our people have been with us for many years - so we like to think we're pretty good at taking care of them. It’s good for you, it's great for us and even better for the people we support.
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We’re leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There’s more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. We’re also showing employers a different way of being and doing. We know that success lies in a happy, motivated and skilled workforce, and so we’re on a mission to transform teams and turnover.
What can we offer?
At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Having these values means we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference.
Having a happy and motivated workforce is critical to our ongoing success. We genuinely care about our colleagues and offer a range of benefits and opportunities to support you in your role and grow in confidence. We will: help you develop in your role, support your career growth, promote positive health and well-being at work, and encourage a good work/life balance
Job Specification Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of a level 3 Careers Guidance qualification, OR have the equivalent relevant experience and be prepared to take on the qualification whilst on the job
- Ability to use computers effectively (word processing, databases, email and internet)
- Experience of advising customers - can be face to face or via digital methods such as Teams or Zoom
- Excellent interpersonal skills (particularly effective communication, flexibility, adaptability and initiative skills)
- Knowledge of how to effectively apply for jobs or training – how to write a good CV and supporting job statement
- Able to manage time and work in a target driven environment whilst maintaining quality standards
- Effective administrative, organisational and planning skills
- A positive, approachable team player with a can do attitude
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks prior and during employment.
Futures is supportive of job share working arrangements wherever possible. If this is something you are interested in we would encourage you to discuss this during the selection process.
Job Reference: FUT57
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement which matches your skills to our Person Specification which you can find on our Job Description to email@example.com
CVs without supporting statement will not be accepted as your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting.
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 40 KB)Download