Business Engagement Managers x 6 (FTC to December 2023)
- Salary: From £25,738 per annum (pro-rata part time)
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Closing Date: 25 April 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Interview Date: 6 May 2021
- Location: Home-based with frequent travel across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
What are we looking for?
The Business Engagement Manager is pivotal to fulfil the ambitious growth plans at Futures. The purpose of the role is to drive effective employer engagement and account management activities for the achievement of our Well for Work contract, apprenticeship and skills engagement targets.
Your key focus will be working on the Well for Work contract across both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Well for Work is a comprehensive employment support initiative, which aims to reduce unemployment and upskill adults to improve social inclusion and mobility by moving those furthest away from the job market into sustainable employment, education and training. The project will focus on job seekers and inactive people, providing additional and complementary activity to those people who need support to get themselves back into employment.
You are required to work with autonomy and high levels of personal motivation with the proven ability to meet targets, working in collaboration with a team and internal colleagues, build effective partnerships with existing employers and have the ability to engage and secure new employer clients through a variety of business development approaches.
Previous experience within recruitment or business development is essential although experience in the education sector is not. That said you should have an interest in the impact that learning and development, recruitment, talent management and the effect workforce planning strategies have on individuals and businesses. Many of the customers we support are faced with a variety of barriers to education, employment and training so an understanding or interest in these challenges would be an advantage. You will need to be committed; solution focused and be able to be seen as a positive role model.
Who Are We?
Join our team and help us make a difference to people’s lives. At Futures we lead by example. People are at the heart of everything we do and we're determined to help the people we work with be the best they can be. We put people first when it comes to our workforce; a happy and motivated team is vital to us and most of our people have been with us for many years - so we like to think we're pretty good at taking care of them. It’s good for you, it's great for us and even better for the people we support.
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by Ofsted as Outstanding, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We’re leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. There’s more to life than just a career. So our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. We’re also showing employers a different way of being and doing. We know that success lies in a happy, motivated and skilled workforce, and so we’re on a mission to transform teams and turnover.
What can we offer?
At Futures, our company-wide values: underpin who we are and what we do and it is essential that all colleagues share these:
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Having these values means, we work in a culture which is open to learning and improvement, leads by example, is passionate about making a difference.
Having a happy and motivated workforce is critical to our ongoing success. We genuinely care about our colleagues and offer a range of benefits and opportunities to support you in your role and grow in confidence. We will: help you develop in your role, support your career growth, promote positive health and well-being at work, and encourage a good work/life balance.
What you need to be successful:
- Hold a qualification at Level 4 / Degree Level or above (or be willing to work towards).
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have recent experience in a recruitment, resourcing or business development role.
- Build and deliver on a robust pipeline of activity to fulfil targets and key performance indicators, ensuring sales processes, due diligence, compliance and internal procedures are adhered to.
- Build effective partnerships with existing employers and have the ability to engage and secure new employer clients through a variety of business development approaches.
- Take responsibility to learn and maintain up to date knowledge on the local, regional and national skills agenda including further education, apprenticeships, funding, adult education and careers ensuring the advice delivered on behalf of Futures for Business and stakeholders is relevant, and of an expert level.
- Experience of supporting employer’s corporate social responsibility policies and/or working with Disability Confident Employers.
- Undertake detailed skill needs analysis in conjunction with employers to identify effective solutions in relation to the employer’s recruitment employment & skills development needs and identify impact measures.
- Maintain effective relationships with all internal colleagues to ensure services are delivered to an excellent standard that will maximise opportunities to provide added value programmes and services.
Futures is supportive of job share working arrangements wherever possible. If this is something you are interested in, we would encourage you to discuss this during the selection process.
As a Disability Confident employer, we undertake to interview disabled people who meet the minimum essential criteria as detailed on the person specification. If you have a disability, please make this known in your application.
Safeguarding: Disclosure of Criminal Background
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Disclosure will apply to all posts that fall under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) definition ‘Regulated Activity’. The successful candidate will be required to submit an application to the DBS for Disclosure for Criminal Conviction(s). If the company finds anything in that record which might be considered prejudicial to his/her working within the regulated activity, then the appointment may not be confirmed.
Your personal data will be used to process your employment application, successful candidates’ data will be held under the company’s General Data Protection Policy details of which will be made available upon the offer of employment. Unsuccessful candidate’s data will be held for a period of 12 months upon which it will be destroyed. Candidates can request that this be destroyed earlier by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: FUT110
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement which matches your skills to our Job Description and Person Specification which you can find on our website to email@example.com
Your supporting statement will be used for shortlisting so please ensure to attach this to your application!
Please also note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted digitally given the current restrictions arising from the COVID-19 situation.
(DOCX, 52.7 KB)Download